You are: Home > Navarro Products > 2008 Chardonnay Table Wine
Welcome Guest. (Sign In






2008 Chardonnay Table Wine
  North Coast
  75% Russian River, 25% Anderson Valley
  (750 ml) - Sold Out!
See all Wines »
Unfortunately this product is no longer available!
Check out online shop to see what's current.

Feast or famine Recent Press

Navarro had only a light crop of Chardonnay in 2008. The same was true with the two other Anderson Valley vineyards with which we have long-term contracts for Chardonnay. We searched for other quality fruit in Mendocino for Navarro's popular Chardonnay Table Wine but to no avail. We knew that our neighbors in Sonoma had a decent 2008 Chardonnay crop but in all the hustle and bustle of harvest we didn't find the time to venture far to shop for grapes. In the spring we decided to look for a quality winery that had produced more Chardonnay than they could sell in these tough economic times.

Navarro's Chardonnay Table Wine is priced for the working man or woman and our wine friends recognize an outstanding bargain. "If you're looking for an everyday Chardonnay, Navarro's (Table Wine) comes with our highest recommendation." -scottskitchen.com, Nov. 23, 2008
All cultivated vinifera varieties are hermaph- roditic which encourages self-fert- ilization and formation of seeds. These grape buds [below] are on the cusp of flowering. If the weather is cold and wet during flowering we can end up with a miserably light crop as in 2008.

We struck a deal with a fine producer from the Russian River sub-appellation that ages Chardonnay in French oak barrels. They had excess from one of the best appellations for the grape. Well, maybe second best, since we chauvinistically consider the Anderson Valley the finest appellation. The Russian River wine constitutes 75% of the blend and contributes an apple-melon fruit component backed up with generous vanilla and toast flavors from French oak barrels. The other 25% is from Anderson Valley adding citrus and herbal elements with hints of yeastiness. The blend of the two appellations creates a flavor profile that is a cornucopia of fruit. Best of all is the price tag. When you purchase it by the case it costs just $11.70 per bottle, perfect for any feast you lay on the table. Ground freight on a case only costs a penny so you'll have money left for dinner! Silver Medal winner.

Specifications
Harvested: Sept. 24 to Oct. 6, 2008 Sugars at harvest: 23.8° Brix
Bottled: June 24 to 26, 2009 Cases produced: 2362
Alcohol: 13.7% Titratable acidity: 7.9 g/L
pH: 3.18

Navarro Vineyards · 5601 Hwy 128 · Philo, CA · 95466 · Tasting Room Hours: 9 AM to 6 PM Summer (5 PM Winter)
Sales, Shipping & Customer Service: 8 AM to 6 PM Summer (5 PM Winter) @ 1-800-537-9463 or 707-895-3686 · Fax: 707-895-3647
All Material Copyright © 1997 - 2014, All Rights Reserved. We value our customers privacy