Navarro Vineyards - www.navarrowine.com - World Wide Wine  
Welcome Guest. (Sign In

2020 Pinot Blanc New!
  Mendocino
  (750 ml) - $19.50 Buy Now!
  (Full Case) - $192.00 Buy Now! ($42.00 off!)
See all Wines »

Trade secret Recent Press

How much do you trust that the name of the variety on a wine label is what you will be tasting? In the US, wine packaging is regulated by the federal government and, if you know the rules, you most likely know that the contents must contain a minimum of 75% of the variety listed—and the entire 75% must be from the stated appellation. The other 25% might not be revealed and some vintners may consider their blend a trade secret. In France, each appellation has its own set of rules and in Alsace, the seemingly straightforward rules actually allow for an odd exception. A bottle named Gewürztraminer, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir or Riesling must contain 100% of that variety.

Harvesting 2020 Pinot Blanc. [Below] Of the eight varieties we grow, all bore a light crop in 2020 except Pinot Blanc.


Buy it by the case for only $192.00 — a savings of $42.00! That's only $16.00 per bottle.

Add to Cart

Qualifies for One-Cent Shipping


[above]The 2020 Pinot Blanc was fermented and aged in these French oak ovals; you'll want a large glass of this sunny, crisp and fun wine.


However, Pinot Blanc on the label literally means White Pinot and the wine can be produced from any grapes in the Pinot family: Pinot Blanc, Auxerrois Blanc, Pinot Gris or Pinot Noir (vinified white). This means that in Alsace, there's no way to distinguish if the contents are a true Pinot Blanc varietal or a Pinot-family blend. Navarro's Pinot Blanc is 46% Anderson Valley Pinot Blanc, 43% Mendocino Pinot Blanc from the Ukiah Valley and 11% Anderson Valley Chardonnay—the Chardonnay addition, as in past vintages, broadens the mid-palate and lengthens the finish. Our first Pinot Blanc was produced from grapes grown at Rivino Vineyards, located south of Ukiah. As our own Pinot Blanc vines have matured, the ratio from Anderson Valley has increased and the flavors are a little more citrusy and tropical. No secret about it, the sunny, crisp and refreshing flavors are a perfect complement to fresh salmon in a dill sauce.

Specifications
Harvested: Sept. 8 & 10, 2020 Sugars at harvest: 24.1° Brix
Bottled: Feb. 18, 2021 Cases produced: 738
Alcohol: 13.1% Titratable acidity: 7.1 g/L
pH: 3.30

Navarro Vineyards is at 5601 Hwy 128, Philo, CA 95466 · Tasting Room hours: 9 AM to 6 PM Summer (5 PM Winter)
Sales, Shipping & Customer Service: 8 AM to 6 PM Summer (5 PM Winter) @ 1-800-537-9463 or 707-895-3686 · Fax: 707-895-3647
Copyright © 1997 - 2021 Navarro Vineyards. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy ·Returns and Refunds · Terms of Service